Asher and I rode with Danny to the airport on Sunday and then spent the night in Entebbe to surprise Lindsey and Ryan when they arrived early Monday morning. While it was sad (really sad!) to see Danny leave, it was so sweet to see Ryan and Lindsey and help them get acclimated to Uganda!
The van dropped Asher and me off in Kampala for another full day. We had planned on getting the Otim letter in the morning and then heading to get Asher's passport in the afternoon, but as usual, things did not go according to plan. Mr. Otim's secretary said that he was in meetings all day and would not be in until tomorrow or the next day. She told us to leave and come back another time. Amy, the adoption coordinator, would not take "no" for an answer, though. We hung out in the hall of Mr. Otim's office for two hours, waiting for word from Mr. Otim. With no news, we headed to the local mall for lunch. Amy tried to call Mr. Otim every fifteen minutes, and praise be to God, Mr. Otim came in the office after lunch! We ran back to his building and waited another three hours for his secretary to type his letter of recommendation.
With letter in hand, we rushed to the passport office, but to no avail. It was too late and the people we needed had already left for the day. Therefore, we will have to drive two hours to Kampala again tomorrow to begin the passport process. I am told it takes 4-5 days to get a passport, but I need it on Thursday in order to be able to leave on Sunday. Please pray that we can expedite this process, that God would move in that office just as he did today. None of these details are outside of God's sovereignty, and I know that He can move these mountains.
Danny should be arriving in Nashville in the next few minutes. I was so sad to see him go...we had such a sweet time together. In fact, I found myself constantly wanting to hold his hand or have his arm around me while he was here...I know it sounds silly, but I was storing up that comfort for this week. Anyway, I was sad to see him leave, but I am so thankful that he will be back with our other children. I know they have done remarkably well while I have been away (thanks to all of you!), but it is an awful lot to expect from them. I am ready for their daddy to come home and love on them until I can get there.
I want to thank you for praying for us. I really felt your prayers, today in particular. I had a peace and joy that I have not experienced since I left the States. I really believe that your prayers moved the Wind of Heaven today and allowed us to get the letter we needed. Please continue to pray for tomorrow. It all comes down to this day: if we can get Asher's passport processed by Thursday, I will be able to get his visa and come home on Sunday; if not, I won't. Please pray that God will boldly move tomorrow and that He will be glorified through these details.
Mac, Owen, and Sylvie, I love you so much and I am so proud of you! I am coming home soon! Hang in there!